Monday, August 16, 2010

Speech

Have you ever stopped to think about how incredible speaking is? The fact that I can think a word, and then say it without anything in between is incredible. Just read this out loud and think about the shape of your mouth for each syllable. Its incredible that you can just make audible sound without thinking it through piece by piece. Try to just take the word apple. Without making noise think of how you would form your mouth to make these sounds. Don’t actually form your mouth though. It probably took you a few seconds to do that and yet you can say apple in less than one. Likewise writing is the same way. Just thinking a letter or an entire word to write is enough. I don’t need to think about crossing my Ts or dotting my Is. I just do it. These two things are, in my own opinion, the most incredible advance mankind has made bar none.

No comments:

Post a Comment