Friday, September 3, 2010

What Happens When I Forget My Notebook


            So I had planned on posting something tonight that I had written and worked on at least a little bit, but I went away for Labor Day weekend and forgot to bring along my notebook and I have nothing pre-written to post.  So I’m just going to talk about whatever comes into my head.  For years my family has been coming up here, a small town around a lake.  There’s no TV, and we just recently got Internet.  Thinking about people traveling up here to live like this makes me laugh a little bit.   Not so long ago the big cities were where everyone wanted to be, the places where magic happened.  Now everyone wants to live as they used to, minimalistic.  They want to recapture that magic that still exists in these small patches of society.  They come here to reminisce and remember what it was like as a kid.  They want to escape the adult world and live in their childhood again, and the closest they can get to that is escaping the urban world and just running away from any sort of big city, to get to the place they used to use to escape from their school and social lives over the summer, only when they get there its their children who live that way instead of them, the kids are the ones still living as kids, and we don’t think twice about why we were taken up here as a kid.  We just welcome the fun. 
            

As usual I would love it if you would comment and if you have any thoughts on this post or others you can email them to me at harpestey@yahoo.com

1 comment: