Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Stars

This post is a little different from my others. Although I'm sure its gonna come back into some sort of rant it'll start differently. I just got back from a trip to the deserts in Texas collecting moths and other insects. I saw incredible specimens but the one thing that really stuck out to me was the sky. Wether it was the day or the night. Looking up I could rarely tell that humans even existed. Even if it was just for fifteen seconds I drifted off into a serene worry free world where problems didn't matter. Then a plane would fly by and i would be snapped out of it. The most incredible was undoubtedly the night sky though. Just lying in the desert or on the grass looking at the night sky seeing the stars took me away. This world is fucked up enough right? So why cant we gaze at a different one for a while. When I looked at the stars I could imagine any world I wanted. Wether it be a world full of beautiful super models or just one without so many worries or problems it took me away. Have you ever tried that? Lying under the stars with a girl right next to you just trying to figure out which one is more beautiful? In those moments I didn't have a worry in the world. Even when I'm not in the texas desert the stars take me away. Its the last place that mankind hasn't manage to ruin or taint yet. It's just as beautiful now as when the constellations were thrown into the sky. And that wont change for thousands or billions of years. So grab a girl or a guy and just go lay there. It really takes the edge off of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment