Thursday, July 15, 2010

Being Happy

Over the past few weeks I've been thinking a lot about happiness. What it means to be happy, how you can be happy, if you can even be truly happy. And I’ve realized that happiness is something that gives people a purpose for living. Being happy makes everything else seem a little brighter, the sun shines a little longer and the rain is just a little happier. But not everyone experiences happiness. Some people can get away from something and be happy, playing baseball or dancing for instance. Others find bliss in the arms of their loved ones or just being with their best friend. Others however are not so fortunate. I for one have only found tiny moments of bliss throughout my short lifespan. But sports don’t give me that kind of pleasure anymore and I don’t have many loved ones who can, or who even try to cheer me up. So I have to create my own happiness. I realized after a few days of looking at the sky that stargazing got me part of the way there, and a beautiful girl always did the rest. And I guess the universe was smiling down at me when I ended up with both at the same time. It’s these types of moments that give me the fuel I need to keep going and continue my optimistic outlook on the world. Without things like that I'm not sure what I would do. So to those people, who are in a rut right now just like I am, find those moments, those seemingly insignificant moments that make your day, and roll with them. You never know what happiness can truly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment