Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Learning

When I was a little kid I sat in class learning because I thought it was fun. The topics were fun the way I learned was fun. Throughout junior high it slowly shifted from learning for fun to learning for college and beyond. It became all about grades and less about fun. Which is exactly y how it should be. Learning for college is how you get into an Ivey league school or the school of your dreams. Learning for fun is how I learned every Springsteen record in chronological order. Learning for grades and college is how I learned to factor a trinomial. Now you tell me which is more likely to get me into Stanford. Admittedly learning for learning’s sake is how it should be done, however the world has turned to a point where that just isn’t good enough. You cant get by on just what you want to learn you have to follow by what other people want you to learn. It’s the only way to get by. Because if you’re defiant the modern day big brother we call education is going to catch up to you and force you to learn everything. No matter how much you don’t want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment